1. A gloss will repair any summer damage you have. Spent a little too much time in the sun and chlorine this summer? you should get a gloss. It actually repairs your hair and undo all that damage, so you'll feel a lot better. The gloss will return texture and deep condition your strands for ultimate silkiness and shine.
2. It's not as harsh or permanent as regular hair color. A gloss is very acidic and closes the hair and the cuticle real tight. The result is a very smooth surface texture that will reflect a lot more light and have a much softer feel to it. On the other hand, regular color contains ammonia, which opens up the hair cuticle and deposits color into it, therefore damaging the hair.
3. A gloss provides translucent color and intense conditioning. A gloss will work with the
4. It can help tone down highlights If your highlights end up looking a little too brassy, we recommend getting a gloss treatment right after to tone down the color. After every color in my salon, I finish the treatment with a gloss to lock the color in and to make sure that the tone is the exact shade that I want it to be.
5. You don't have to change your natural hair color to get the benefits of a gloss. There's such thing as a clear gloss, which is essentially a powerhouse of a conditioning treatment for your strands. All you'd be doing is lowering the pH level of your hair and imparting extreme conditioning properties.
6. It's a no-commitment change. The best thing about it is there's no commitment to it and it's going to fade on its own (within six weeks). And if you want to change your hair, it doesn't interfere with any type of chemical change you want to do in the future.
Article from Huff Post Style